Friday, August 12, 2011

August 2011 update

So whats been going on lately? I realize I haven't blogged much this month... at least a blog that had much content other than pictures, so I figured I'd take a little time and cover a few topics about my life.

 Activity

I'll be honest and say I haven't been to the gym for a couple weeks and haven't been that active. I need to get my butt into gear and start doing a little more. Maybe takes some walks or something, since it has been so nice out. Today I thought about going on a long walk to Adams like I did last summer but didn't want to have to figure out how to sneak away from Sparky or Pepper... neither of them can handle a walk that long.

Summer

Why does it always seem like Summer is over at the start of August? I mean it does go through longer but with school starting back up and everyone getting back from vacations it just seems like we are moving into fall. Erin is getting ready to go back to school soon... we went to go get her books on Wednesday. I really like summer, its my favorite season so I'm kind of sad to see it go. I always wish I had gotten more done during it. Also on a side note its nice to hear the locust this time of year... I know it drives some people crazy but I like their sounds.


Traveler's Return

Erin's grandparents will be coming home soon, in fact as early as this Sunday they will be arriving home again. Seems like them coming back home will be more than just the end of the summer. They have been gone since early June, and I have spent a great deal of the summer hanging out at their house with Erin. Hanging out with her a bunch isn't going to change, it will just seem different. It's kind of almost seemed like that was our house this summer, which was nice... since we are both living with family.... and now we have to adjust back to the way things were before.

Movies

Erin and I have wanted to go to the drive-in again to see some movies but they have never had two movies we wanted to see... To be honest we haven't been to the movie theatre since the last time we went to the drive in so we are pretty far behind with summer movies... we will have to catch up with our netflix because we have been watching a lot of movies through there. I'll even give the movie she picked out the other night "Tuesday's With Morrie" an endorsement on here, I normally dislike motivation movies... but this one I thought was good. Add in the fact that it was a made for TV movie.... wow really beat my expectations.

Work

What is an update without a quick work update? Looks like its going to be a crazy fall this year at work. New projects are jumping out of the woodwork it seems. September is going to be packed... Archaeology month event, Finishing up our All-American Girls Professional Baseball League exhibit with a panel of former players, Life before Electricity exhibit kick off and the Greensburg Fall Festival. Oh also we have to get a new roof on the museum... so yeah its going to keep me busy, and already is keeping me busy.


Upcoming...

Going Canoeing Again this Sunday, less people going this time which is a little disappointment but I enjoy going Canoeing so I'm sure I'll have a good time.

Steve and I talked about a possible film project, who know if it'll come out good or not... or even if it will get made but hey... it could be a fun little project. (you will hear about this for sure if it gets made)

Might be going to the Half Century of Power antique tractor show again with my Dad in Illinois here in a few weeks as well.



Well that's all for now, I'll try to update more frequently the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment