Friday, January 16, 2009

Pondering - Canned Cheese

Easy Cheese




You know cheese in a can... yep Easy Cheese, don't ask me why I was thinking about it today (I have no idea myself) but I was wondering who ever thought of putting cheese in a can?





Turns out that the can it comes in isn't an aerosal can at all, (it doesn't use nitrogen to squirt out the cheese) instead it is a pushed out of the can with a piston and the air never mixed with the cheese from the bottom up. So you can squirt the cheese out even when the can is upright, unlike an aerosal can (like whipped cream).



Anyway, cheese in a can first came out in 1966! as a product called Snack Mate made by Nabisco (name was changed to Easy Cheese when Nabisco merged with Kraft)



Unfortunatly I couldn't find the name of the inventor of the cheese though I did certainly try my best



Bonus Facts:



Flavors of Easy Cheese include: cheddar, swiss, nacho, bacon and cheddar, cream cheese as well as roast garlic



Bacon and Cheddar flavor used to contain real bits of bacon, but it clogged the nozzel so now it just have bacon flavoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment