Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dreaming... a frustrating hotel

So last night I had a weird dream, and amazingly I still remember most of the details. (As I've said before I usually forget my dreams within 10 minutes of waking up) So I figured I would write it down here as I have done with a few other past dreams. (I believe if you hit the Dream label at the bottom of the post it will pull those up)


So the dream takes place in a strangely laid out hotel... think the standard mid-level hotel meets a Frank Lloyd Wright house (lots of glass and weird angles, yet has a normal looking lobby/hallways) Anyway Erin is there as well and we walk into this huge hotel room and the room is a total mess... sheets thrown about the room, the dresser drawers thrown open, phone on the floor, lampshade on the TV, broken glass... oh and there is blood everywhere, yet we aren't concerned about the violence that obviously occurred there... just really upset about how long it would take to clean up. (note: the blood isn't that weird/out of place... it matched up with this crime show Erin and I were watching last night before she went home). Erin starts to clean up the room and I head downstairs to the front desk to tell someone about the room.

I get down to the lobby and there is some sort of kitchen right behind the front desk and this guy is there saying he was glad someone finally showed up to help and told me to start cooking and gave me an order list to cook up. So I'm confused but start trying to cook some sort of sauteed asparagus and broccoli dish. But things in the kitchen are all in confusing places and I have to keep asking the guy where things are and I can tell he is getting frustrated.

Finally a few minutes later, I look behind me and 3 families are waiting to check into the hotel and the guy yells at me to stop cooking, he'd take over and for me to check in the first family. So I hurry and turn around and turn on the computer. Now I have worked at several hotels after first getting out of college so I am confident I can work my way around a PMS (property management system) but this thing is really difficult to navigate.... after a few minutes and I can tell the Dad of the family is getting irritated I get them into the system... but then the real problem comes up... making them keys to get in the room.

Now this strange hotel doesn't have a normal key card maker... it has this like coded program on the computer... it looks like a tumbler lock with missing numbers that I have to type in... I fiddle with it for awhile and the next thing I know I hear a noise in back room (not the kitchen, it is just behind the desk in full view) and the guy hands me these 8 packages that apparently where spit out of this copier that is magically in view. now I know I only told it to print 4 keys... I open up one of the packages and there is this strange wooden disc about the same size as a pog that has an elobrate carving on the outside... in I guess an Aztec totem motif. (think an eagle with turqouise gems for eyes). I have no clue as to what these are... so I just hand the open packet and 3 others (keeping 4 packs behind the desk as he only needed 4 keys) to them to the Dad checking in and hope he won't ask any questions...

Of course he did... he wanted to know how he could ensure each key would open his room and no others would open the room... He sounded like he knew more about the keys than I did so I started pounding away on my keyboard like I knew what I was doing even though I had no clue. The guy in the back wasn't any help and right before I woke up I was standing there staring at the numeric code/lock thing that I guess was programming door keys...

So yes... that was my strange dream last night... no clue what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment